Daniel D. HaggertyMember
Daniel D. Haggerty is a member of the firm. He concentrates his practice in commercial litigation, creditors’ rights, bankruptcy, and transactional matters.
A significant portion of Dan’s practice is devoted to the representation of banks and financial institutions in complex workout matters. This representation includes reviewing and revising loan documents, negotiating and preparing forbearance agreements, securing debt via additional collateral, entering judgments though confession and foreclosure, executing on personal and real property, and pursuing debtors both inside and outside of bankruptcy. Dan has successfully sought and obtained approval of Chapter 11 creditors’ plans, and has successfully liquidated assets under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
Dan also represents clients with respect a wide range of real estate issues, including both transactional and litigation matters. Dan represents buyers and sellers of real estate and has litigated multiple cases involving real estate issues, including easement disputes, home owners’ disputes, and the Safe Dam Act.
As part of his litigation practice, Dan represents individuals, businesses and trustees concerning a wide variety of matters, including contract claims, insurance bad faith claims, franchise disputes, enforcement of employment agreements, intellectual property issues, shareholder and partnership disputes, director and office liability, civil rights, and prerogative writ actions involving municipalities and counties.
Dan also represents both employers and employees concerning employment contracts and has litigated numerous cases involving the enforcement of employment agreements, including non-compete, non-solicitation, and confidentiality agreements.
Dan was an elected member of Council for the Borough of Haddon Heights, NJ, from 2009-2011, where he served in various capacities, including Director of Finance, Director of Police and Fire, and Director of Municipal Court. He is a member of Trout Unlimited, the American Motorcyclist Association, and Harley Owners Group.
J.D., Widener University School of Law, 1995
Graduated cum laude and recipient of American Jurisprudence Award
B.S., Rutgers University – Camden, 1989
Burlington County Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Association
- Courier-Post Newspaper v. County of Camden, 413 N.J.Super. 372, 995 A.2d 306 (App. Div. 2010)
- LJL Transp., Inc. v. Pilot Air Freight Corp., 905 A.2d 991, 2006 PA Super 176 (Pa. Super. 2006), affirmed, 599 Pa. 546, 962 A.2d 639 (Pa. 2009)
- Shri Sai Voorhees, LLC v. Township of Voorhees, 406 N.J.Super. 497, 968 A.2d 218 (Ch. Div. 2009)
- In re Chan, 2008 WL 5428271 (Bankr.E.D.Pa.2008)
- Sovereign Bank v. Ana Catterton, 2004 WL 1166591 (E.D. Pa. 2004)
- In re Response U.S.A., Inc., 288 B.R. 88 (D.N.J. 2003)
- Blunt v. Klapproth, 309 N.J.Super. 493, 707 A.2d 1021 (App. Div. 1998)
- Park v. Park, 309 N.J.Super. 312, 707 A.2d 157 (App. Div. 1998)