If you are an individual or a corporation involved in a dispute over a construction project, you can count on Kang Haggerty to provide legal advice and representation with respect to complex construction matters such as the following:
- Impact Claims – delay, acceleration, insufficiency, etc.
- Liens (Construction, Mechanics’, etc.)
- Faulty Design
- Payment Act (Prompt Pay Act, Contractor and Subcontractor Payment Act, etc.)
- Scope of work disputes
We are experienced lawyers who represent owners and developers; contractors and construction managers; subcontractors and suppliers; architects and engineers; and trade and employer associations. Our lawyers can advise you through all stages of construction:
- Proposal: drafting, negotiating, and reviewing construction contracts; risk management, evaluation and allocation
- Bidding Process
- Mid-Project: amendments to contracts, waivers and release forms, labor disputes, impact claims, termination of contracts, etc.
- Dispute Prevention and Management
As part of dispute prevention and management, we represent our clients through mediation and other means to settle their disputes. When settlement is not an option, however, we represent our clients through arbitration and litigation. Our lawyers have litigated various construction matters successfully at both jury and non-jury trials.
For your construction matters involving either counseling or litigation, the lawyers of Kang Haggerty can help. Please contact us for more information.