Henry J. DonnerOf Counsel
Henry J. Donner is of counsel to the firm. Henry concentrates his practice in construction law. He has decades of experience counseling and representing those in the construction industry: real estate developers, condominium associations, contractors, subcontractors, architects/engineers, and construction contractor associations. Henry also applies extensive industry knowledge to the management and efficient resolution of virtually any problem that might arise in the course of construction from start to finish. He also skillfully negotiates multi-party disputes over cost estimates, design errors, defective installation and contract details. Contractors and their associations rely on Henry to represent their trustees on retirement, health, training and vacation plans. Henry’s professional network puts him in the forefront of multi-employer/union benefit plan practice which covers matters such as health cost containment and management of liability associated with employers’ contributions to pension plans.
Henry joined the firm from Jacoby Donner, a prominent construction law firm in Philadelphia. Henry was a named shareholder of Jacoby Donner for almost 40 years.
J.D. , Villanova Law School, 1969
B.A., American University, 1964 - 1966
Dickinson College, 1962 - 1964
United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1969
Third Circuit Court of Appeals, 1973
American Bar Association
Forum Committee on the Construction Industry
Philadelphia Bar Association
Member of Board of Governors; Chair of Real Property Section; Chair of Construction Law Committee
Construction Financial Management Association, Philadelphia Chapter
National Home Builders Association, Penn State University
- Best Lawyers in America – Construction Law, 2011 - 2017
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Construction Law, 2004 - 2017
- Senior Statesman, Chambers USA, 2018
- Philadelphia’s Best Lawyers, 2012 - 2017
- Author of a treatise published in West’s Legal Forms, Specialized Forms, Volume 27, Chapter 8 entitled “Building Agreements.”
- Limited Liability Companies – an Alternative to Joint Ventures, Building Profits, a publication of Construction Financial Management Association.
- Lending Institution Liability to Contractors After Foreclosure on a Construction Loan, The Philadelphia Real Estate Lawyer, a publication of the Real Property Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Third Circuit Limits Construction Arbitration Rights, The Construction Lawyer, a publication of the Forum Committee in the Construction Industry.
- Chair, Steering Committee, East Falls Village
- Member and Officer of School Committee of Germantown Friends School
- Member, Board of Directors, Germantown Jewish Centre