Commitment to Diversity
Kang Haggerty LLC’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is grounded in the actions we take on a daily basis since our founding. Our firm was formed by a diverse group of experienced lawyers that come from a wide range of professional, cultural, social and political backgrounds. Today more than ever, clients, corporations, and counsel recognize how critical diversity is to the continued growth and success of the legal profession.
Kang Haggerty is a proud member of the National Association of Minority & Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF), whose mission is to promote diversity in the legal profession by fostering successful relationships among preeminent minority and women owned law firms and private/public entities. NAMWOLF members are certified as a minority, women or LGBT owned, operated, managed and controlled (51% or more) law firm. A firm must be certified by the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), or The National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC).
The firm is a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) certified through the Eastern Minority Supplier Development Council (EMSDC), a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization and affiliate of the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC).
Our attorneys are active leaders in diversity initiatives with local and national legal associations, including a past president of the Barristers’ Association of Philadelphia, presenters and national conference sponsors of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA), and NAMWOLF Practice Area Committee chairs.Beyond the Firm
- Kang Haggerty sponsored The Enterprise Center's TIME: Time to Invest in Minority Entrepreneurs event during the 2020 Philadelphia Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week
- Edward selected for 2019-2020 NMSDC Center of Excellence Certificate Program, a year-long program for MBEs. COECP is designed to develop and grow certified diverse businesses to compete and be better prepared for the more rigorous vendor requirements currently in use by NMSDC member corporations.
- Edward moderated The Legal Intelligencer’s 2019 Roundtable Discussion on Diversity & Inclusion Efforts
- Jackie was appointed 2018-2020 Co-Chair of the Financial Services Litigation Practice Area Committee for NAMWOLF
- Jackie wrote “Top-Down Diversity: The Role of Management, the Client and the Bench” for The Legal Intelligencer
- Edward wrote, “Diversity and Its Impact on the Legal Profession” for American Bar Association’s Law Practice Today