Business Sales and Acquisitions
Kang Haggerty assists its clients in a variety of business acquisitions and sales, and other forms of reorganization and restructuring, in the middle market.
Acquisitions can occur through the purchase of the stock or other equity interests of the target company or through the purchase of all or a substantial amount of the target company’s assets. Kang Haggerty attorneys draft stock (or other equity) purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, reorganization agreements, and more to find creative solutions to allow clients to buy or sell their businesses.
In connection with these transactions, the lawyers at Kang Haggerty:
- Provide transaction structuring advice, planning and strategy;
- Negotiate and draft deal documents;
- Facilitate transaction/contract compliance and management, including assistance with due diligence, checklist creation, and review of documentary due diligence deliverables;
- Make recommendations to other appropriate professionals including tax professionals, investment professionals, inspectors, environmental specialists, engineers, and contractors;
- Review corporate governance documents such as formation documents, bylaws, operating agreements, minutes and resolutions, and more and prepare legal opinions as may be required for the transaction;
- Assist, and review documents, in asset-based or other types of financing;
- Prepare all documents necessary for closing file (or work with the filing company) to ensure a smooth, efficient closing; and
- Post-closing services.
At Kang Haggerty, we understand that both parties to a transaction want to protect their interests, mitigate risk, and maximize the value of the deal. As businesses expand, spin off divisions, or look to close down operations, they will face a variety of challenges. Kang Haggerty lawyers are experienced to help you navigate those challenges before, during and after your deal.