Effective April 1, 2017, Henry Donner will be of counsel to the firm. Henry specializes in construction law. He has decades of experience counseling and representing those in the construction industry: real estate developers, condominium associations, contractors, subcontractors, architects/engineers, and construction contractor associations. Henry also applies extensive industry knowledge to the management and efficient resolution of virtually any problem that might arise in the course of construction from start to finish. He also skillfully negotiates multi-party disputes over cost estimates, design errors, defective installation and contract details. Contractors and their associations rely on Henry to represent their trustees on retirement, health, training and vacation plans. Henry’s professional network puts him in the forefront of multi-employer/union benefit plan practice which covers matters such as health cost containment and management of liability associated with employers’ contributions to pension plans.
Henry will join the firm from Jacoby Donner, a prominent construction law firm in Philadelphia. Henry was a named shareholder of Jacoby Donner for almost 40 years.
B.A. American University (Government)
J.D. Villanova Law School
- American Bar Association (Forum Committee on the Construction Industry)
- Philadelphia Bar Association (Former Member of Board of Governors; Former Chair of Real Property Section; Former Chair of Construction Law Committee)
- Former Board Member of Construction Financial Management Association, Philadelphia Chapter
- Lecturer, National Home Builders Association, Penn State University
- Author of a treatise published in West’s Legal Forms, Specialized Forms, Volume 27, Chapter 8 entitled “Building Agreements.”
- Limited Liability Companies – an Alternative to Joint Ventures, Building Profits, a publication of Construction Financial Management Association.
- Lending Institution Liability to Contractors After Foreclosure on a Construction Loan, The Philadelphia Real Estate Lawyer, a publication of the Real Property Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Third Circuit Limits Construction Arbitration Rights, The Construction Lawyer, a publication of the Forum Committee in the Construction Industry.
Honors and Awards:
- Selected among Best Lawyers in America ®, based entirely on peer review at a national level, 2011 to present;
- Selected Pennsylvania Super Lawyer as one of the best construction lawyers in the Commonwealth, 2004 to present, based entirely on peer review at a state level;
- Selected as one of Philadelphia’s Best Lawyers, 2012 to present.
- Who’s Who in American Law, 1992 to present
- Chair, Steering Committee, East Falls Village
- Former Member and Officer of School Committee of Germantown Friends School
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Germantown Jewish Centre
Direct Line: (215) 305-8688